Full-time Legal Secretary position. Must enjoy people, variety and hectic pace. This position is primarily in-person with the future possibility of hybrid work.
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota's Alexandria office.
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota (LSNM) provides free legal representation in civil matters to low-income clients in 22 northwest Minnesota counties. LSNM comprises three staffed offices in Alexandria, Bemidji and Moorhead and a Judicare and Pro Bono program.
The Legal Secretary position is a non-exempt position. The Legal Secretary provides intake services to potential clients, prepares documents and a variety of other administrative tasks to support the legal work of staff attorneys including drafting letters, legal documents/pleadings, e-filing, filing, copying, telephone, scheduling, etc. Other position responsibilities include: completing phone and online intake with potential clients to determine eligibility for LSNM's services, providing follow up with case handlers and potential clients, and using the case management system to screen applicatns, accurately process client intakes, and perform other tasks as needed.
- Strong telephone skills.
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office 365, Word or similar word processing systems preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with Minnesota Court's e-filing system preferred.
- Ability to deal pleasantly and professionally with clients, attorneys, and public.
- Sensitivity to and empathy for low-income persons.
- Ability to problem solve quickly and work with a fast pace.
- Must exercise judgement in implementing established policies and procedures.
- Reliable attendance and dependability.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to learn and use computer database program.
- Outstanding listening and communication skills.
- Experience with the legal and/or social work preferred, but not required.
Salary dependent on years of experience, pursuant to thecurrent pay scale. LSNM offers a 37.5 hour work week, comprehensive benefits including health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, and paid holidays.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 17th, 2023, or until filled.
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER WITH RESUME AND THREE REFERENCES TO:
Anne Hoefgen, Executive Director
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota
1015 7th Ave. N.
Moorhead, MN 56560
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, religion, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age or veterans’ status is not permitted.