Full-time or part-time Receptionist/Intake Screener position. Must enjoy people, variety and hectic pace. Flexibility in hours and part-time remote work options available.
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota's Alexandria office.
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota (LSNM) provides free legal representation in civil matters to low-income clients in 22 northwest Minnesota counties. LSNM comprises three staffed offices in Alexandria, Bemidji and Moorhead and a Judicare and Pro Bono program.
All aspects of receptionist/secretarial work, including client intake, drafting letters, filing, copying, telephone, scheduling, etc. One key job responsibility will be performing screening for financial eligibility, case priorities, conflicts, and detailed case information. The screening will be primariliy by phone but does include personal interviews.
- Strong telephone skills.
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office 365, Word or similar word processing systems preferred.
- Ability to deal pleasantly and professionally with clients, attorneys, and public.
- Sensitivity to and empathy for low-income persons.
- Reliable attendance and dependability.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to learn and use computer databse program.
- Outstanding listening and communication skills.
- Experience with the legal field or in a law office preferred.
Beginning at $35,000 and based on experience and qualifications. Good benefits.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 22, 2022, or until filled.
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER WITH RESUME AND THREE REFERENCES TO:
Anne Hoefgen, Executive Director
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota
1015 7th Ave. N.
Moorhead, MN 56560
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, religion, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age or veterans’ status is not permitted.