This position involves the responsibility of managing and leading the financials and investment aspects of LSNM, including accounting and internal controls; planning and budgeting; strategic planning and communication; and overseeing and managing related consultants and partners. Additionally, the Director is responsible for oversight and management of LSNM's operations including information technology, human resources, and employee benefits administration; facilities; and insurance programs.
The selected candidate will on-board for up to four months under the direction of the current Director.
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota's Moorhead office.
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota (LSNM) provides free legal representation in civil matters to low-income clients in 22 northwest Minnesota counties. LSNM comprises three staffed offices in Alexandria, Bemidji and Moorhead and a Judicare and Pro Bono program.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop, implement, and meet agency, program, and grant budget requirements;
- Administer all staff benefits, including health and retirement plan, and maintain and manage employee personnel files;
- Assist the Executive Director in grant applications, grant reporting, and analyzing program data;
- Ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of the agency's case management system and its information to report to funders and stakeholders;
- Provide financial reporting to agency stakeholders, including the Board of Directors and agency Leadership;
- Implement, evaluate, update, and manage all financial and administrative procedures and policies within both the accounting, human resources, and administrative functions of the agency;
- Oversee all personnel, payroll, and human resource functions, provide guidance in the development of policies and procedures and their compliance with all regulatory requirements, and ensure that they are documented and implemented effectively;
- Oversee all grant compliance, funder monitoring requests, and preparation of all financial grant reporting;
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP, coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors;
- Oversee accounts and grant receivables, accounts payable processes and maintain general and subsidiary ledgers and internal control within the department;
- Possess and execute competency with fund accounting as required by funders;
- Monitor cash flow of the organization to maintain cash for current operations;
- Manage business service contracts, leases, and other third-party agreements;
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants;
- Manage and maintain all insurance coverage for program area and the organization; and;
- Review and analyze technology, telecommunications, printing, and copying services, and achieve cost efficiencies.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent experience is required;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting;
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information;
- Strong self-initiative and the ability to work independently; able to own projects and follow through to completion without heavy day-to-day supervision;
- Success seeing beyond the numbers, identifying trends and new possibilities;
- High standards and peak performance, a drive toward delivering excellent work, including the ability to manage and successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
$75,000+ D.O.E and qualifications. Position includes benefit package, flexible work schedule, a 37.5-hour week and generous paid time off, paid holidays and life insurance. Hybrid work from home options available.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 30, 2022, or until filled.
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER WITH RESUME AND THREE REFERENCES TO:
Anne Hoefgen, Executive Director at [email protected]
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, religion, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age or veterans’ status is not permitted.