Staff Attorney to assist low-income clients primarily in poverty law area of family law, public benefits, Social Security Disability, health, public housing, and landlord-tenant issues. Full-time, flexibility offered.
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota in our Bemidji, Minnesota office.
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota (LSNM) provides legal representation to low-income clients in 22 northwest Minnesota counties with offices in Moorhead, Bemidji and Alexandria.
May include but are not limited to: representing low-income clients primarily in poverty law area of family law, public benefits, Social Security Disability, health, public housing, and landlord-tenant issues; managing a caseload; preparing and delivering client and attorney training and other community education; conducting intake and outreach; special legal and community projects impacting low-income clients. Some travel required.
- Law degree and a license to practice law in Minnesota or candidate for admission by motion or reciprocity.
- Provisional hiring contingent upon taking and passing the Minnesota bar examination is possible.
- Poverty law and family law experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work with private bar.
- Diverse economic, social or culture experience area is a plus.
- Demonstrated oral and written advocacy skills.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, working vehicle and willingness to travel to court proceedings, outreach opportunities, staff meetings and trainings.
- Sensitivity to needs and problems of low-income clients is necessary.
Depending on experience and qualifications. Generous benefits package included. More information available upon request.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 6, 2021 or until filled.
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER WITH RESUME AND THREE REFERENCES TO:
Anne Hoefgen, Executive Director
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota
1015 7th Avenue N.
Moorhead, MN 56560
Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, religion, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age or veterans’ status is not permitted